Partnerships for Economic Opportunities through Technology in the Americas
POETA is a regional initiative that develops technical life and job readiness skills to advance economic opportunities for vulnerable communities in the Americas. At its core, POETA aims to bridge the inequality gap in the region through a multidisciplinary approach that helps participants develop key skills such as digital literacy, technology appropriation, self-awareness and communication, to develop life plans, start or strengthen social and economic ventures.
- Technical training in digital skills, computer science, sales, customer service, marketing, business development, entrepreneurship
- Live skills and leadership training
- Route: prevention of violence against women and girls
- Coaching for job and learning placement or entrepreneurship strengthening
- Access to a network of partners to enhance opportunities
- Access to local events to promote graduates’ services and connect to a broader network