Youth from low-income communities trained in information/ digital security – 160 students
Creating a Career Path in Cybersecurity
The overarching goal of the Project is to target economically disadvantaged youths and young adults (ages 18-25) and provide them technical training in information / digital security. Youth at risk often find it challenging to complete traditional schooling. However, the advent of the Internet has opened up doors and opportunities for trained and talented individuals to have a fulfilling career in digital security. According to a global survey commissioned by Raytheon in partnership with the National Cyber Security Alliance, titled Securing Our Future: Closing the Cybersecurity Talent Gap, millennials are becoming more interested in cyber careers.
Project will prepare youth from low-income families to pursue a career path in the digital sector, by providing them the nascent knowledge and skills needed.
Increased awareness in cybersecurity for SMEs with a Massive Open Online Course (MOOC) – 5000 people
Train students in job readiness – 160 students
· Activity 1.1 – Modify curriculum for youth training based on country requirements
· Activity 1.2 – Conduct selection process of students in 4 countries
· Activity 1.3 – Conduct youth information/ digital security training in 4 countries;
· Activity 1.4 – Conduct Trust for the Americas in job readiness training in 4 countries;
· Activity 1.5 – Coordinate Certification of students
· Activity 1.6 – Place students in internships; and
· Activity 1.7 – Assess program’s implementation and prepare report with final results.
· Activity 2.1 – Call for applications
· Activity 2.2 – Conduct selection of participants
· Activity 2.3 – Coordinate MOOC with INCIBE
· Activity 2.4 – Assess workshop’s implementation and prepare report with results.